Monday, September 6, 2010

I Lost A Puppy!

ZOLA @ 2.5 lbs

Yes...It's true! I just lost a whole puppy and I'm looking forward to losing a whole lot more puppies!

This is a picture of Zola our dog @ 2.5 LBS! I know it doesn't sound like much but I just lost a whole puppy size this last week! YaY! I'll take it!

The week before I was really struggling with the "Waste Dept" and I didn't lose any weight that week... Actually I'm surprised I had not gained weight that week...but at least I maintained my original first week weight loss of 5.6 lbs. Now this week I've lost 2.5 more lbs. Wish it were more but I'm still having "issues" and I know once all that is down the drain and behind me... so to speak ...my weight will show a more productive loss. For now...I'm happy and that's all that matters!

How was everyone's Labor Day Weekend? Ours was great! Hubby cooked out yesterday for all the kids and it was delish! We had Grilled Steak, New Potatoes, Broccoli, and Spaghetti Squash...not to mention all the fresh veggies and artichoke dip and spinach dip. I was good and maintained my sanity with the spread before me...I sampled most everything but didn't overdue any of it. Didn't even want dessert when I served up the Sugar Free Ice Cream and SF Cookies to everyone. Amazing what good food does for ya!

This morning we made the Parker Pancakes (recipe in the BFC book) and bacon for breakfast. They were not bad....Hubby thought they tasted like corn cakes. I'm still trying to decide if I would make them again. I think I'll probably opt to make the French Toast next time instead. I don't really enjoy cooking and the pancakes were pretty labor intensive for me! (no comments from the cooks in the peanut gallery out there!) Oh, by the way, the batter for the pancakes is supposed to make 16 pancakes (4 servings)...I was able to get 14 out of it. I was only able to eat 3. So probably still came out to 0/2 for the pancakes.

Lunchtime for me was a couple Tablespoons full of Pimento Cheese with some Pig Skins! Yes! I really love pig skins! AND they are 0/0! I really wasn't very hungry from the big breakfast we had.

Dinnertime I made a huge salad with mixed greens (no iceburg) tomatoes, celery, avocado, broccoli slaw (dry out of bag), croutons, Ranch dressing, salt and pepper...topped off with grilled chicken that Hubby made last night! Finished it off with a Sugar Free York Peppermint! Simply divine!

I meant to take pics of everything...but only remembered to do so after we ate it all!  Will try to do better!

Like I said in the beginning... I wish I had lost more than a puppy's worth of weight... but I'm so happy I LOST!

Going to my NIA class in the morning if this Tropical Storm doesn't wash us away during the night! Hope you all have a great day!

Here's to losing a whole bunch more puppies!!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your little puppy is so cute. I would not mind finding that 2.5 lbs. But instead I found about a 1.5 of something not so cute. Congratulations on your weight loss. You made me hungry talking about that food yummy! I agree with you about the not cooking part. I have not cooked so much since this diet. I made some steak with green beans, zuchinni and potatoes. Had a nice 3 days with the family and now back to work. Hope you have another great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Robin I am so glad that you are down this past week. That makes 1 of us. I was down - but went back up to what I was last week. Maybe it is all the exercising. They say muscle is heavier than fat. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great!! Congratulations!! I don't think I lost anything this week - but will see in the morning :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2.5 lbs. is great! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!! Your puppy is too cute!! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing your meals. I believe another blogger suggested we post what we eat at the end of eat of our blogs and I agree, it would be so helpful when we read each others blogs for ideas. Sometimes I know the ideas of coming up with different meals gets boring after a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. COngrats on the loosing of the puppy!! Great job! I have a random question for ya....I was reading thru your recipes and something called for 1/3 cup or 24 packets of Truvia....if i just have stevia, would it be the same amount?? hit me back and again, awesome job! diaryofachunkywhitewoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job...I make a lot of those salads, isn't it great that you can have a hearty salad! When I first made the pancakes, I didn't like them because of the soy flour. I tried them next with almond flour and it's way better! I just don't like soy flour, it's got a strong flavor. The almond flour is sooo expensive, does anyone else have a different flour alternative that is not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody!
    Rachel - ya know I really don't know about the Stevia/Truvia thing. I would assume it would be the same... If anyone else knows could you please let us know? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete