Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Goldilocks Enjoyed Her Breakfast Today!

Gosh there's so much I wanna write about, just don't know where to start!



I suppose I'll start with Breakfast!
I was running late to an appointment and needed to have a quick breakfast with no cooking required.  So I opted for the 1 cup of Cheerios and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.  I was a little leery at first at the "unsweetened" part of the Almond Milk and having had soy milk before, I was also worried about the consistency.  I sprinkled a little stevia on top of the cereal prior to pouring the milk on and then stirred everything up real well before tasting.  I was shocked to find myself pleasantly surprised!  And just like Goldielocks... I ate it alllll up!


 Yesterday I mentioned about getting the fixin's for Bug Juice which I found the recipe for on Me and Jorge's blog.  Today I was amazed at how easily I found the Chia Seed!  Yes...I said Chia Seed... I'm guessing it's the same seed you smear on the little lambs body as in a Chia Pet!  (I personally like the Chia Kitten the best...)  If you can't find Chia Seeds at your local grocery store like I did you can order it online here:

   
Tomorrow I will report on my experiences with Bug Juice and Chia Seed on my new Products Page.

I didn't want to get away without telling you about the new friend I met at the grocery!  When I was passing by a demo table demoing a taste test between Coke Zero and the store brand (which I passed on, being I gave up soft drinks a couple months ago), the demonstrator stopped me and asked about the whole wheat tortillas I had in my basket.  It sparked a whole convo about The Belly Fat Cure programI actually had the book and the new "counter" book with me and was able to show them to her.  She, like me, has tried them ALL...with some success but none were workable for a lifetime like I am seeing the BFC being for me.  

I gave a mini seminar (those that know me understand this) on what I know about the program and showed her on the package of tortillas how to count your daily points.  She seemed amazed that we can actually have CARBS on this plan.  The last plan she was on for over a year, allowed her very few carbs.  I showed her how this plan teaches you about Carb Exchange...where you are actually exchanging the Belly Bad carbs for the Belly Good carbs.  Her eyes lit up, she reminded me of me the day I first heard of the program...(thank you Cathy!)  I gave her my blog address and I'm hoping she's reading this right now!  Hi  M, it was a pleasure to meet you...call me!  =]

Lastly I wanted to share with you that while visiting Me & Jorge (blog mentioned above) I read about the importance of rewarding yourself for reaching weight goals.  What a SPLENDID idea!!!  So I decided that for every 10 lbs I lose I will reward myself with a $20.00 gift card to Jo-Ann's Fabrics and Crafts...being that I always need art supplies!  I can either spend the gift card right away...or save them up for something special!  After all, by the time I reach my final goal of 70lbs I could feasibly have $140.00 to spend on a Big Prize!

Thank you Everybody...for All your Support, I've made some great new friends and talked with a few from the past...just for deciding to do something good for myself!
I Am So Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Love how you are spreading the word - I do that too, and it is so fun! Your reward sounds great. Tonight I bought a cute dress (from Goodwill, actually) for only $7.99, and it is my "10 pound reward dress." I could wear it now but I'm not going to until I've lost 10 pounds. I will post a picture on my blog when I do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY Jaimie! Hang it where you can see it!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your blogs. I have just started week 2 on the BFC and I am loving it. Still trying to figure it all out. I am also trying to figure out my blog page. Thanks again for those great blogs.

    ReplyDelete