Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day First Week!

I had 3 fantastic meals today full of yummy foods I love! My favorite was the Parmesan Grilled Cheese and Avocado Sandwich we made at lunch! WoW!!!  I think I can live with this Belly Fat Cure meal plan!  The bread was whole wheat, sugar-free and low in carbs (yummy in flavor) so my Sandwich only "cost" me 2 carb points of my 6 points allotted me in one day!  

Here's the recipe for this incredible sandwich!


Parmesan Grilled Cheese and Avocado Sandwich

Serves 2
4  slices Sugar-Free Whole Grain Bread
4  1oz. slices of Cheddar Cheese
1/2 of Avocado - Sliced
Butter or Smart Balance Margarine
Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese

Butter one side of four pieces of bread.  Sprinkle each buttered side with Parmesan Cheese; lightly pressing cheese into butter.  Heat up non-stick skillet Medium High or sandwich maker.  Place 2 of the buttered slices of bread into the skillet, butter side down.  Add 1/2 the cheddar cheese and avocado on top of each piece of bread in skillet.  Place the two remaining pieces of buttered bread on top of the cheese and avocado, butter side up.  

Continue to cook sandwich flipping several times, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.  
Enjoy!
0 sugar : 24 grams carbs =  0/2 per sandwich!

~ ~ ~ 

Going to finish out my day with 2 squares of Dark Chocolate! Mmmmmmm!

Yep!  I think I can live with this way of life! 


2 comments:

  1. that sandwich looks great. I never thought of putting parmesan on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do this!! The biggest step was preparation and that's what i did 6 months ago. I started this way of eating and have not stopped since, i started at 5'4'' 208 lbs. i'd starve myself all day, then binge at night on everything i could get my hands on especially sugar! I was just miserable, i lost hope of ever finding a way of eating for the rest of my life, i love great tasting food. This way has saved my life! I've lost 36 lbs, that doesn't seem like much but the inches you lose on this way will amaze you, my body has changed so much! I've lost weight before but not like this and i've never committed to anything for 6 months. You will feel wonderful, no more bloating, tiredness, fatigue, etc. etc! The first couple of weeks getting off the sugar and artificial sweeteners was hard for me, i was literly sick, flu like. Then i woke up one day and felt great. I can't believe how much i can eat and how good it is that sometimes i feel sooo guilty. Of course my husband lost 20 lbs. right away, he was never big, just a little gut and it was gone in no time. I will be cheering you on and following your progress, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! Happy Eating :o)

    ReplyDelete